Here at Kanter Clinic we work with our clients to develop optimum beauty and health. To do this one must look at the whole picture. We will be using a variety of modalities including but not limited to acupuncture, cosmetic acupuncture, herbal remedies and to help you achieve balance, beauty, and harmony in your body, mind and spirit. When healing imbalances it is primarily an inside job and what inevitably arises is beauty, heath and wholeness on the outside. So even though the body ages we can make it a less terrifying and more gratifying process. The wonderful reality of acupuncture and Chinese medicine is that it can address not only the surface manifestations of aging but it simultaneously addresses the root issue contributing to the aging process.
Kanter Clinic is not a place where you should come if you want a face-lift, botox, fillers, a surgical procedure, or any other medically based procedure. We are for those of you who neither have the pocketbook, stomach, nor mentality for surgery. So if you are looking to enhance your wellbeing along with your appearance the natural way, you have come to the right place!
Following is a list of our services:
- Cosmetic acupuncture: We can use needles, but your cosmetic treatments will be something that you will choose with your therapist. If you choose not to use needles, there are quite a few non-needling techniques from which to choose which will provide the same lasting effect.
- Chinese herbal preparations: In our facials, we specialize in preparations which are based on traditional Chinese herbal preparations. These herbal preparations are made from the freshest and most natural of ingredients. They are focused on stimulating nutritive elements as well as quieting excesses such as heat, acne, and unevenness of the complexion.
- Other cosmetic therapies such as light treatments, facial massage, cups, and non-invasive instrumentation which emits energy in various wavelengths known to be beneficial for the skin, to lift it, and promote the formation of collagen and elastin.
You can come for only cosmetic work, or you can come for cosmetic and constitutional work. The latter is what we recommend because beauty is truly only skin deep. If you want to look your best then you must feel good. It’s pretty difficult to look great when you feel really awful. And combining the constitutional work with the cosmetic will enable both of these. As you have seen from the list above, there are multiple constitutional therapies available to help you. You will work with your therapist to decide which will promote your health in the best fashion. One of your options will be to take herbs and other various supplements. They are very valuable tools to enhance the complexion and to help repair the body from many years of imbalances. During your appointments lifestyle and dietary adjustments can also be discussed and suggestions can be made. Supplements may also be recommended.
POTENTIAL THERAPIES WHICH MAY BE COMBINED IN YOUR COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT TREATMENTS
- Acupuncture for the Body
- Acupuncture for the face, including protocols suggested by ‘Mai Zen’ and by ‘Constitutional Facial Acupuncture’ as taught by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
- Essential Oils
- Facial Massage
- Herbal Facial Masks
- Microcurrent Facial cosmetic treatment;
- Pulsed Ultrasound